Andrew Rau-Chaplin (email@example.com)
Adhikari Udaya Raj (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Quan Kong (email@example.com)
4:00pm - 7:00pm, Mona Campbell 1108
Office: After class or by appointment
Lectures (Under Revision):
- Feb 28th: Assignment 3 posted.
- Feb 20th: Active Inbox looks rather like a GTD implementation on top of gmail!
- Feb 20th: Architectures 1 and Architectures 2 slides posted.
- Feb 12th: Assignment 2 posted. Now due Feb 26th electronic submission.
- Jan 7th: Assignment 1 posted
- Feb 20th:rse
- Jan 2nd: The
textbook will be "An Integrated Approach
to Software Engineering" by
Pankaj Jalote and should be available in the bookstore. Note: This text is not
required. It is a
good book and especially useful for students that learn by reading but
is not required.
class examines the process of software
initial planning through implementation and maintenance. A brief survey
of available tools and techniques will be presented covering the topics
of analysis, planning, estimating, project management, design, testing,
and evaluation. Particular emphasis will be given to organizing and
planning, team participation and management, top-down design and
structure charts, system and information flow diagrams, walk-throughs
and peer review, and testing and quality control.