Welcome to the Software Maintenance and Analytics Research Team (SMART lab), established at the Faculty of Computer Science of the Dalhousie University. The lab is lead by Tushar Sharma. We research, develop, and disseminate methods, tools, techniques associated with Software engineering (specifically software design and architecture, code quality, refactoring, technical debt, and program comprehension) and machine learning techniques for software engineering applications.
- Grant - Canada First Research Excellence Fund (CFREF) accepted to fund "Transforming Climate Action: Addressing the Missing Ocean" for $154 million for the next seven years. Glad to be one of the 170 researchers' team from Dalhousie to participate in this program.
- Grant, Discovery grant - "DevQOps: A Continuous Software Quality Assurance Framework", Accepted to be funded for five years by NSERC, Apr 2023
- Publication - "DACOS-A Manually Annotated Dataset of Code Smells", Mar 2023, Accepted at MSR 2023 (dataset and tools track).
- Grant - Lab2Market grant for QConnect, Jan 2023.
- Publication - "Green AI: Do Deep Learning Frameworks Have Different Costs?", Dec 2021, Accepted at ICSE 2022 (Research track). Preprint
- Publication - "Lessons from Research to Practice on Writing Better Quality Puppet Scripts". in SANER, 2022. Preprint