- Thursday, 9 Apr 2020, DalCode 2020 On-site Competition Canceled
DalCode 2020 On-site competition, planned for Saturday, 19 Apr 2020,
is canceled due to COVID-19.
- Friday, 13 Dec 2019, Competition to open on Monday, 16 Dec 2019
The on-line competition will be opened at 10am on Monday, 16 Dec 2019, and the first
problems will be posted at that time.
- Thursday, 17 Oct 2019, Registration open, Problems to be posted later
The site registration for DalCode 2020 is open.
- Wednesday, 3 Apr 2019, DalCode 2019 On-site contest to be held on Sat Apr 6, 2019
DalCode 2019 On-site contest will be held on Saturday April 6, 2019,
starting at 10am.
- Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019, Problems A, B, and C for the online phase have been posted
Problems A, B, and C for the online phase have been posted.
- Saturday, 16 Mar 2019, Registration open, Problems to be posted later
The site registration for DalCode 2019 is open.
- Thursday, 30 Mar 2017, Registration open, Problems to be posted later
The site registration for DPC/H 2017 is open.
- Wednesday, 13 Jan 2016, Problem A for the online phase has been posted
Problem A has been posted!
- Tuesday, 27 Oct 2015, Registration open, Problems to be posted later
The site registration for DPC/H 2016 is open.
- Friday, 17 Oct 2014, Registration open, Problems to be posted later
The site registration is open.
- Wednesday, 2 Apr 2014, First Problems to be posted later today.
The first problems to be posted later today at 5pm.
- Thursday, 21 Nov 2013, Registration open, Problems to be posted soon
The site registration is open, the first on-line problems will be posted soon (likely in December 2013).
- Thursday, 12 Apr 2013, Problem B2 to be posted later today.
The problem B2 will be posted at 6pm on Friday, 12 Apr 2013.
- Thursday, 4 Apr 2013, Problem B1 to be posted tomorrow.
The problem B1 will be posted at 6pm on Friday, 5 Apr 2013.
- Friday, 15 Mar 2013, Problem A5 to be posted later today.
The problem A5 will be posted at 6pm on Friday, 15 Mar 2013.
- Friday, 5 Mar 2013, Python supported.
Python is now supported language in DPC/H.
- Saturday, 2 Mar 2013, Problem A4 to be posted on Monday.
The problem A4 will be posted at 6pm on Monday, 4 Mar 2013.
- Friday, 1 Mar 2013, Problems A3 to be posted later today.
The problems A3 will be posted at 6pm today.
- Sunday, 24 Feb 2013, Problems A1 and A2 posted.
The problems A1 and A2 are posted on the web site.
- Saturday, 23 Feb 2013, Delay in posting first problems.
There is a small delay in posting first problems, until the student registrations are processed.
We expect the first problem to be posted on Sunday evening, 24 Feb 2013.
- Saturday, 16 Feb 2013, Registration open, Problems to be posted soon
The site registration is open, the problems will be posted during the week 18--22 Feb 2013.
- Thursday, 19 Apr 2012, Prizes for On-site Phase
The first three prizes for the on-site phase will be:
a Laptop Computer and two Netbook computers.
- Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012, New problems posted at 5pm
The new problems will be posted generally at 5pm each day.
- Monday, 16 Apr 2012, Problem A2 posted
The problem A2 has been posted.
- Friday, 13 Apr 2012, Problem A1 posted
The problem A1 has been posted.
- Friday, 10 Feb 2012, DPC/H Registration Open
The registration page for DPC/H 2012 is open.
The date for DPC/H 2012 on-site competition will be on Saturday, Apr 28, 2012.
- Friday, 13 May 2011, On-Site Competition (Phase 2)
The competition DPC/H 2011 has successfully finished with the on-site competition
held on Friday, May 13, 2011. The contest was held at the Faculty of Computer Science
at the Dalhousie University. The contest itself was held in the Teaching lab 2,
from 10am to 2pm. The prize winners of the competition were:
- First Prize: Tim Cooper, of the Horton High School,
- Second Prize: Peter Lee, of the Bedford South School, and
- Third Prize: Keelan Earle, of the Halifax West High School.
The prizes awarded were:
RIM PlayBook 32GB, Laptop Computer, and RIM PlayBook 16GB.
- Friday, 12 May 2011, DPC/H 2011 On-line Contest (Phase 1)
The DPC/H 2011 contest consists of two parts. The first part was an On-line Contest
over a couple of months, with the problems posted on-line and students participating
by submitting the solutions on-line. The second part is an On-site contest,
organized at the Faculty of Computer Science, at the Dalhousie University.
- Friday, 1 Apr 2011, Problems A1 to A6 Posted
Problems A1 to A6 for the on-line contest are posted on the web site.
Please login to view the problems. If you do not have an account,
please register, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to open an account.
- Friday, 1 Apr 2011, Contest Date Set
The contest date and time for the on-site contest are set to Friday, May 13, 2011,
in the Goldberg Computer Science building, Dalhousie University.
- Thursday, 17 Mar 2011, On-site Contest Date Change
The contest date for the on-site contest will be changed from April 15 to a later date,
likely Apr 19 or May 13, 2011.
- Friday, 11 Mar 2011, Contest Description Posted, Prize Information
A detailed description of the contest is posted on the web site.
Thanks to the Research in Motion (RIM),
the main contest sponsor, we are happy to announce that the first prize will be
a laptop computer. Information about more prizes will be announced later.
- Monday, 8 Dec 2010, DPC/H Site Open, CS Education Week
DPC/H web site and the registration page are open.
The on-line programming contest will start in March 2011.
The final round contest will be held at the Dalhousie University on April 15, 2011.