Service & Outreach
Work with Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Committees
- Senate Committee on Learning and Teaching, Dalhousie University, 2006-2010
- Faculty Advisor, Peer Partnership Program (student mentoring), Dalhousie, 2009-2010;
- Member of Council of 3M Teaching Fellows, 2005-;
- Member, Celebrating Teaching Committee, Dalhousie, 2006;
- Mentor, Teaching Dossier Workshop, , Dalhousie University, 2005, 2006;
- Invited Speaker and Panelist,NewFaculty Orientation, Dalhousie University, 2005-2011
Membership in Grant and Scholarship Selection Committees
- Chair, NSERC Strategic Grants Selection Committee (2008, 2009)
- Member, NSERC Strategic Grants Selection Committee (2007)
- Member, NSERC Research Tools and Instrumentation Selection Cte. (2010-current )
- Member, Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Committee – 2004 – 2007;
- Chair, Rhodes Scholarship Selection Committee, Dalhousie University (2008-2011)
- Advisor, NSERC Strategic Grants Program on strategic target area “Safety and Security”
Professional Activities and Invited Lectures
- Member, IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Communications Society
- Steering Committee Member, 10th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications, November 2011, Changsa, China.
- General Co-chair, IEEE/ IFIP International Symposium on Trusted Computing and Communications, Hong Kong, December 2010.
- International Steering Committee Member, International Conference on Embedded Systems and Mobile Computing, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Key Note Speaker, Int’l Conference on Advances and Emerging Trends in Computing Systems, Chennai, India, June 2010, and Int’l Conference on Embedded Systems and Mobile Computing, Bangalore, India August 2006 and Mysore, India, August 2008.
- Program Committee Member for a number of international conferences.
- Reviewer for a number of journals, conferences, NSERC and MITACS applications.