- Dalhousie University, PhD in Computer Science, 2011-2018
- Advisors: Professor Evangelos Milios and Professor Vlado Keselj
- Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran M.Sc. in Machine Intelligence and Robotics 2004-2007
- Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran B.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Software 1999-2004
Research and Development
- Google, Inc., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States January 2017-June 2017
- Software Engineer Intern. Machine Learning for Big Textual Data Analysis
- I was working as a researcher on a “large scale active learning” project.
- Google, Inc., Mountain View, California, United States June 2015-Sep 2015
- Software Engineer Intern. Applied Machine Intelligence Research Team.
- I was working as a researcher on a “question answering system” using deep neural networks
- Dalhousie University, Canada September 2011-February 2018
- Text Analysis. My main focus is on semantic analysis and entity linking using graph methods.
- Dalhousie University summer 2017
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- University of Kurdistan, Iran 2007-2010
- Faculty Member
- Artificial Intelligence, Operating Systems, Theory of Computation, System Programming, Advanced Programming, Discrete Structures, Commercial Software Development, Fundamentals of Programming
- A semantic analysis system consisting the following modules:
- A “concept embedding system” using Wikipedia Graph Structure
- A “semantic relatedness” method using our embedding that outperforms the state of the art systems
- A Wikifier (entity linker to Wikipedia). A complex machine learning system, using a combination of graph based and text based techniques.
- Unification Link Grammar Parser.
- Developed a new formalism for syntax analysis called Unication Link Grammar,
- Developing a new Transformation-Based Machine Translation system using the new formalism,
- Designed the first computational model for Kurdish Language
- Developed and Implemented the first Kurdish-Persian Machine Translation. The project was funded by Management and Planning Organization of Kurdistan.
- Sajadi A., Milios E.E., Keselj V., “Vector Space Representation of Concepts Using Wikipedia Graph Structure”. Natural Language Processing and Information Systems – 22nd International Conference, NLDB 2017, pp 393-405, 2017
- Sajadi A., Milios E., Keselj V., Janssen J. “Domain-Specific Semantic Relatedness from Wikipedia Structure: A Case Study in Biomedical Text“, Computational Linguistics and Intelligent Text Processing – 16th International Conference, CICLing (1), pp 347-360, 2015
- Sajadi, A. “Graph-Based Domain-Specific Semantic Relatedness from Wikipedia”, Advances in Artificial Intelligence – 27th Canadian Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Canadian AI, pp 381-386, 2014
- Sajadi, A., Borujerdi, M. “Machine Translation Based on Unification Link Grammar” Journal of Artificial Intelligence Review. DOI=10.1007/s10462-011-9261-7, Pages 109-132, 2013.
- Gras R., Golestani A., Hosseini M., Khater M., Majdabadi Farahani Y., Mashayekhi M., Sina M., Sajadi A, et al “An individual-based platform for studying evolution”, European Conference on Artificial Life, pp 284-286, 2011.
- Sajadi, A., Abdollahzadeh, A. “Farsi Syntactic Analysis using Link Grammar”(In Farsi), Letter of Research Center of Intelligent Signal Processing, Vol 1(9), 25-37 (In Farsi), 2008.
- Sajadi, A., Homayounpour, M. “Representation of Farsi Morphological Knowledge using Link Grammar”(In Farsi), Letter of Research Center of Intelligent Signal Processing, Vol 1(9), 41-55, 2008.
Sajadi, A., Borujerdi, M. “Syntactic Analysis using Unification Link Grammar”(In Farsi), 12th Annual International CSI Computer Conference (CSISC’2007), Shahid Beheshti University, 20-22, 2007.
- Sajadi, A., Abdollahzadeh, A.“Farsi Syntactic Knowledge Representation using Link Grammar”, In Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Persian Language and Computer, Volume 2, pp 109-131, 2006 (In Farsi)
- Verifiability, Reproducibility, and Working Description Award
- Computational Linguistics and Intelligent Text Processing, 16th International Conference, CICLing 2015, Cairo, Egypt, April 14-20, 2015
- Mitacs Accelerate Internship Program Award, Sep 2011-Aug 2012