The Master of Applied Computer Science is a 16-month graduate degree that prepares students for dynamic careers in the software industry. Student develop their technical skills through core courses in systems, communications, and data management. They then apply what they have learnt in a paid industry internship, entrepreneurship work-term, or project. The program is also open to students with a STEM undergraduate degree outside of computer science and engineering who complete a two term preparatory program in software development.
Know more about MACS by clicking here.
Information from the orientation
We organize the MACS new student orientation during the Fall and Winter academic terms, to welcome the two new cohorts entering each year.
Please note that these slides may be out of date. For up-to-date information and advising, please drop by for one of our drop-in advising sessions or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have questions about graduate programs? Get in touch with our graduate advisors
- Academic advising appointments can useful to get clarity on courses to choose as you work towards your goals, or to understand program and administrative requirements, or if you have any other general questions.
- You must book an appointment to meet with an academic advisor.
- To set up an appointment, send an email to email@example.com
- In your email, send your banner number (B00#), your full name.
- Also include a 1-2 line summary about the reason for the advising appointment. This helps us in having the resources ready for your advising appointment.
In-Person Drop-In Advising
(Suspended temporarily due to COVID-19 — please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like advice on program matters)
- All other queries about the program and other administrative requirements can be discussed with our graduate administrators.
- You can meet with them in the Advising Office (room 118, Goldberg Computer Science Building) during the times advertised at the Goldberg Computer Science Building reception.
Any other questions…
- For any other questions, send an email to email@example.com
Looking for graduate student resources?
(Note: all links open in new tabs/windows)
- Resources for first year graduate students
- Science, Information Technology, Engineering Co-op Office
- Graduate forms
- Graduate resources
- Scholarship & awards at the Faculty of Computer Science
- Graduate programs at the Faculty of Computer Science
- Faculty of Computer Science website
- Faculty of Graduate Studies website