CSCI 3110 - Algorithms I
Fall 2017, Dalhousie University
10:05-11:25, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Studley LSC-Common Area C236. First Lecture on Tuesday September 5. Last lecture on Thursday November 30.
Tutorials (Laboratories): 12:35-13:25, Mondays, Studley Kenneth C Rowe Management 1028. First tutorial on Monday, September 18. Last tutorial on Monday December 4.
Office: 315, Computer Science Building; Phone: (902)
494-4056; Email: mhe [at] cs.dal.ca
Office hours: 13:00-14:00 Tuesdays and 14:00-15:00 Thursdays, starting from September 7. In addition, I’m typically available after
lectures. You can also make an appointment.
Yaser Alkayale, Email: Yaser.Alkayale [at] dal.ca
Serikzhan Kazi, Email: skazi [at] dal.ca
Amir Farrag, Email: farragamir [at] gmail.com
Matthew Hemming, Email: mbhemming [at] hotmail.com
Important: Students are responsible for
checking announcements posted on this web page for
assignment clarifications, course updates and other information.
- [November 29] Yaser will run extra office hours in the learning center at 10:00AM-11:00AM on Friday December 8 and 1:00PM-2:00PM on Saturday December 9. This is to help you with any questions that you may have when preparing for the final exam. Please note that I will still run regular office hours till the final exam.
- [November 16] Assignment 8 has been posted.
- [November 14] Another update to assignment 7 was made. The only change is made to the 2nd last paragraph of question 2, where the cost of transformation is changed from 5 to 6.
- [November 9] I updated assignment 7. The only change is made to the end of the 2nd last paragraph of question 2, where the metamorphosis number of the example is 6 (not 5).
- [November 2] Assignment 7 has been posted.
- [October 26] Assignment 6 has been posted.
- [October 17] Yaser will run an extra office hour in the learning center at 5:30PM-6:30PM this Wednesday. This is to help you with any questions that you may have when preparing for the midterm exam.
- [October 13] Assignment 5 has been posted.
- [October 5] Assignment 4 has been posted.
- [September 28] Assignment 3 has been posted.
- [September 21] Assignment 2 has been posted.
- [September 17] I updated Assignment 1. Only one change is made to 3(i) to clarify that f(n) > 1 for sufficiently large n. Please download the new version.
- [September 13] Assignment 1 has been posted.
- [September 4] Welcome
to CSCI 3110!