In groups of 1 or 2 students will complete a major course
project on an approved topic. Groups may either develop a topic of their
own, perhaps connected to their thesis topic and have it approved by the
instructor or may selected from the list of suggested topics below.
- Pick a topic that interests you:
- The best topics involve some algorithms desesign, an implementation, and a performance evaluation.
- Pick a subject area that you know something about. Something to do with your thesis or interests in computing works well.
- Do the one page write-up and discuss it with me.
- Have a scan of the recent conferences and journals for something that interests you.
- Here are some topics that I am interested in and could give you some support with:
- Improved Aggregate Analysis Engine in CUDA
- Aggregate Analysis Engine in Hadoop (Zhimin)
- Monte Carlo Simulations on GPUs
- Assignment II question II done properly
- Real-time Query processing on the Cloud
* Research *
* Contact me