Andrew Rau-Chaplin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Office Hours: tba
Class: Tues/Thur 10-11:30
LSC-COMMON AREA C334
Tutorials: Mondays 4:30-7:30 COMPUTER SCIENCE LAB-2
All grades will be available on Owl
(currently under review)
(currently under review)
course website for CS2110. On this site you will find material to
support you in this course. Note that this material is
under development and is likely to change. Material for any lectures we
have yet to cover in class should be treated as provisional.
- April 7: I have posted a number of past midterms and finals. Note: These were for past offerings of this course. Not all questions that appear in them are on material that we have covered this term. Not all questions would be reasonable for me to ask you on your final. However, they is a strong overlap, some of these questions (or one's very like them) will appear on your final.
- Mar 18: Sorting Algorithms Animated: Many standard sorting algorithms animated to help visualize how they work. Link courtesy of Alex!
- Mar 13: Assignment 5 has been posted. It is due on Thurdsday April 3rd by 11:59pm. Note that this assignment can be done in groups of size 1, 2 or 3.
- Mar 11: Assignment 4 has been posted. It is due on Tuesday March 25th by 11:59pm.
- Feb 24: Assignment 3 has been posted.
- Feb 3: Nice set of slides on Unit Testing in Java!
- Jan 28: The exam schedule has been posted here.
- Jan 27: There are some very nice examples of using JUnit to test data structures at http://cs.lmu.edu/~ray/classes/dsa/. Have a look at the stack example!
- Jan 24: Assignment 2 has been posted.
- Jan 6: The second tutorial will be on Monday Jan 20 at 4:30pm. Topics:
Jan 6: First Tutorial will be on Monday Jan 13 at 4:30pm. Topics:
- Help on Assignment 1
- You bring the questions! If there are no questions it will be a short tutorial!
- How to log in and create a Java program
- Discussion of Assignment 1 Q1: What is a test plan?
- Tour of Eclipse: Create a project from the Maze example, run it, and trace it using the debugger.
- Jan 6: Your first assignment, Assignment 1, is now available and due Thursday Jan 23rd.
- Jan 6: The lecture notes can be accessed on campus but if you are off campus
you will need a user name and password which I will give you next
- Jan 6: Course outline, Schedule, and Lecture Guide updated.
- Official Description:
This class is a continuation of CSci 1101.03. It uses Java and emphasizes
data structures and algorithms.