Database: MSSQL, Mysql, Oracle, Derby, and Access.
Technologies: Big Data, Open Data,TopLink, EclipseLink, Hibernate, Spring MVC, Business Intelligence, IM-related legislations, coding and scripting, jQuery, Kapow (data integration tool), Microsoft Reporting Services, Java Message Service, Google Web Toolkit, Google Web Analytics, Vaadin, Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, and Tortoise SVN.
IDE: Eclipse, NetBeans, Visual Studios, XCode, oXygen XML Editor, Business Intelligent Development Studio, Dreamweaver, and Blend Expression.
Application Web Server: IIS, Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, Glassfish, OC4J, and WebLogic.
Architecture: Enterprise architecture methodology, Zachman framework, TOGAF, application systems integration, project requirements definition, project management methodologies.
Report Tools: Cognos Report, Crystal Report, and Microsoft Report Services.
Tools: Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, Timesheet, Dotnetnuke, Joomla, and vBulletin, Oracle SQL Developer, FileNet.
Mobile Developments: Ionic, PhoneGap, Google play store & Apple store.
Skills: Customer-centric focus, training and experience in project management, research and analytical skills.
Research Assistant – Big Data Institute – Faculty of Computer Science, Dalhousie (Jan 2015 to Feb 2016)
- Analyze and develop a visualization and predictive framework to display WIFI hotspot data.
- The framework uses D3, Tableau, Google Maps API, Restful web service, JSP, and JAVA.
Research Assistant – Java Developer – Faculty of Computer Science, Dalhousie (February – April 2010 and April-August 2011)
- Analyze and develop a visualization framework to display ocean data.
- Allow users to interact with this visualization model.
- Ocean data are displayed in different types of plots: lines, contour, and mesh.
- The framework uses Vaadin, Google Visualization Charts, Javaview and webMathematica for visualization.
More information can be found here:
Research Assistant – C++/ UNIX Programmer – Faculty of Computer Science, Dalhousie (Feb 2010 to Dec 2010)
- Write a C++ program and UNIX commands to read large log files (approximately 30GB) and analyze the log results using the iterative partition log-mining algorithm.
- The program consumes less than 2GB memory and produces good results in a reasonable time.
C++ source code can be found here:
Research Assistant – Master Study – Faculty of Computer Science, Dalhousie (Sep-2008 to Dec-2009)
- Conduct literature reviews and surveys and analyze research experiments about visual programming languages.
- Propose innovative research ideas and prepare for journal articles and papers.
- Write technical reports.
Faculty of Computer Science, Dalhousie (Sep 2008 – Now)
- Conduct laboratory sessions and invigilate exams.
- Grade assignments and homeworks and organize materials for course instructors.
Courses taught as a teaching assistant:
- Fall 2008 CSCI 2132 Software development for C and UNIX.
- Fall 2009 CSCI 3140 Database Management Systems.
- Winter 2010 CSCI 2140 Data & Knowledge Fundamentals.
- Winter 2010 CSCI 6301 Comp Software: Req Anal/Specs.
- Fall 2011 CSCI2140 Data & Knowledge Fundamentals.
- Summer 2012 CSCI3110 Algorithm Analysis.
- Fall 2013 CSCI2141 Introduction to Database System.
- Fall 2014 CSCI2141 Introduction to Database System.
- Summer 2015 CSCI4140 Advanced Database System.
- Fall 2015 CSCI3132 Object and Generic Programming.
- Winter 2016 CSCI3132 Introduction to Database System.
Develop apps for Apple IOS and Google Play store.
Technologies: Phonegap, Ionic, Amazon dynamo DB SDK for Browser, HTML5, jQuery, Mandrill.
Lead Application Analyst – Nova Scotia Government (Oct 2012 – Sep 2014)
- Responsible for the planning, development, implementation, support and ongoing maintenance of departmental web-basedinformation systems: Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV), Vital Statistics (VS) and other IMS supported applications.
- Work closely with program managers to understand business requirements and to make recommendations for the effective use of information technology.
Web Application Developer – SportsDirect Inc. Halifax, NS (Mar 2010 – Oct 2012)
- Work in an agile team to gather, analyze and estimate requirements from product and operational departments.
- Develop data reports using Microsoft Reporting Services and Business Intelligent Development Studio IDE for the operational department.
- Maintain and develop new features of a web backend to allow users to enter live sport data using Hibernate, Spring MVC, and JSP.
- Maintain and improve features of an admin tool to allow supervisors to manage sport data entry using Google Web Toolkit and Hibernate.
- Maintain and improve features of two websites: http://content.sportsdirectinc.com/ and http://www.prosportsdaily.com/ using asp.net 4.0, Visual Studio 2010 and Spring .NET.
Web Application Developer
Augen Software Vision –http://www.augensoftwaregroup.com/ (Sep-2006 to Aug-2008)
Serve as a web developer
- Migrate the website survey-online.com from ASP to ASP.NET 2.0 to improve performance, allow for easier maintenance, and enhance new features.
- Work as a team to gather, analyze and estimate new requirements from clients to develop new reports for the website www.survey-online.com.
- Work as a team to develop a website (Augen District Law Society (http://www.adls.org.nz/) for creating, implementing, and administering law forms of any types. Also, users can export the data for further analysis to excel or pdf using crystal report.
- Work with a project manager to enhance features of Mapp – Mobility Accessible Parking Portal (http://www.mapp.org.nz/), a website that helps improve authenticating disabled car park users.