Last updated: June 19th, 2013
- Our First class is on May 6th, 2013 at the LSC - C332, see you there :-)
- May 6th, 2013: We had our first class
today. If you missed it, then please download the class handout given
- May 6th, 2013: Please note that whenever
you want to talk to me related to the course, feel free to see me either
right after our class or e-mail me and book a time that is convinient for
- May 7th, 2013: Please note that the class
voted for having the final exam during the week of June 24th. Once the
exact date and location for the exam is announced, I will inform
- May 7th, 2013: Please see the tentative
assignment dates given at the end of the page.
- May 7th, 2013: Please note that tutorials for this
class are optional so you choose to attend them or not. We will have tutorial when
and if they are needed. So, if there is a tutorial then I will announce it on this
page. Finally, when we have one, it itll be in CS-TL2 on Wednesday between
4:30pm and 5:30pm.
- May 13th, 2013: We had a guest lecture today by Patrick LaRoche on
Wireshark traffic analysis tool. Here is a copy of his talk.
- May 13th, 2013: I sent an e-mail to our class mailing list today. If you
did not receive it, please let me know!
- May 17th, 2013: Please note that the first assignement will be given on
May 22nd after the long weekend.
- May 17th, 2013: We will have the first tutorial for our class on
Wednesday, May 22nd at 4:30pm in CS-TL2.
- May 17th, 2013: A copy of our textbook is left in Killiam Library on
reserve. It's the same book that was used in the Winter term this year.
- May 22nd, 2013: Please note that the first assignment is sent to the class
mailing list last night. So please check your e-mails!
- May 22nd, 2013: We are going to have the first optional tutorial today at
4:30pm at CS TL-2.
- May 22nd - May 31st, 2013: Please check your class mailing list e-mails regularly because
I forward some of the questions I receive to the list as well.
- June 5th, 2013: Please note that the second assignment is sent to the class
mailing list on the night of June 4th. So please check your e-mails!
- June 5th, 2013: We are going to have the second optional tutorial on June 5th at
4:30pm at CS TL-2.
- June 6th, 2013: Please note that Registrar's gave us the date and location for our
Exam. I have sent an e-mail to the class mailing list with the details yesterday! It is also posted at the end of this page!
- June 6th, 2013: FYI, I have forwarded all the material from yesterday's tutorial to the class
mailing list today.
- June 7th, 2013: Please note that there will be an optional tutorial on chapter-2 on
Wednesday, June 12 at our usual location and time :-)
- June 7th, 2013: Please note that I will release assignments 3 and 4 both on the
same day, i.e. June 19th. This way you will see all the assignments before the exam. This does not effect the due dates! Moreover, as
discussed in the class, I will arrange the respective tutorials that week, too. I sent the dates to the class mailing list.
Please check your e-mails.
- June 17th, 2013: Please note that I gave back the assignment-1 today in class. If
you missed the class, please pick up your assignment from our TA.
- June 17th, 2013: Please check your e-mails for the latest announcements regarding
the assignments, tutorials and the exam!
- June 19th, 2013: Please note that the third and the fourth assignments are sent to
the class mailing list yesterday. So please check your e-mails!
- June 19th, 2013: We are going to have the optional tutorial for assignment-3 on June
19th at 4:30pm at CS TL-2.
- June 19th, 2013: We are going to have the optional tutorial for assignment-4 on June
21st at 9:30am at LSC-C332 (our classroom).
This course gives students a foundation in computer networks. It
presents a top-down view of the layered architectural elements of
communication systems, focusing on the Internet and TCP/IP. Topics include
client/server systems, packet switching, protocol stacks, queuing theory,
application protocols, reliable transports, TCP, UDP and security.
Pre-requisites are: CSCI 2110, CSCI 2132, and STAT 2060. If you do not
meet the pre-requisite, then it is at your own risk should you choose to
continue with this course.
Here are some tentative dates for our assignments for your
Assignment-1: Given on May 22nd, Due on June 5th -- E-mailed to the class mailing list!
Assignment-2: Given on June 5th, Due on June 19th -- E-mailed to the class mailing
Assignment-3: Given on June 19th, Due on July 3rd -- E-mailed to the class mailing
Assignment-4: Given on July 3rd, Due on July 17th -- E-mailed to the class mailing
Exam date and the location will be announced by the registrar.
Exam Date: Wednesday, June 26th, 2013
Exam Time: 8:30am to 10:30am
Exam Location: Room 127 (auditorium), Goldberg Computer Science Building
Back to Nur's home page!