Andrew Rau-Chaplin (email@example.com)
Office: Weds 12:00pm or by appt. rm 4242 Mona Campbell,
Class: Wed/Fri. 10:20am -12:00pm, rm 2107 Mona Campbell
- Oct 12: Assignment 3 is canceled. Assisgnment 2 is now due on Wed Oct 31st at the start of class. Assignment 1 & 2 will be worth 25% each, the final project will be worth 40%, and participation 10%. If you have any problems with this change please contact me immediately.
- Sep 28: Assignment 2 is available.
- Sep 14: Assignment 1 Readings and Questions are available.
- Sep 12: I have posted a list of Journals and Conferences in Parallel Computing.
- Sep 12: If you need to brush up your background in analysis of algorithms please see the first 25 slides here. If you like video introductions you might like to watch Lecture 1 and 2 from the Intro Analysis of Algorithms course at MIT. Erik Demaine the guy teaching lecture 2 did his undergraduate degree at Dalhousie.
- Sep 12: Sign
up for a ACEnet account here.
You will need my Project Account Number which I will give you during
the first class.
- Sep 12:
To learn MPI I suggest that you complete the first six sections of the
to MPI Course at NCSA. You will need to create a new Account to get
started. In order to experiment with MPI while you are learning you
will need to setup an MPI environment here at Dalhousie. Our MPI Tutorial will help to get you
Outline: This course explores various aspects of parallel
computing including parallel architectures, algorithms, systems,
programming languages and implementation issues. The focus is on
solving real problems on existing parallel machines. Student will be
expected to read recent research publications, and participate in
significant parallel implementation projects.